abe.®cote tough polyurethane paint is a durable, hardwearing and fashionable coating, for domestic concrete surfaces such as floors, patios and garages including light industrial applications.
Note: Not to be used in areas where rising dampness has not been prevented since this will result in coating delamination.
- Environmentally and user friendly
- Easy-to-use, water based satin finish
- Easy cleaning – good stain resistance
- Single component – no-mix formula
- Excellent scratch, scuff and wear resistance
- Chemical and stain resistant
- Resists hot tyre pick-up
- UV and weather resistant – colourfast and non-yellowing
The substrate must be firm, dry, and free from dust and grease. Recommend carborandum block and vacuum clean.
It is advisable to check bonding on unfamiliar surfaces. Older coatings must be sanded.
- The substrate must be dry before application. For concrete, moisture content tests must be conducted prior to application of the priming system. Maximum moisture content should be between 4 – 5%. Preferably a Protimeter Survey Master or equivalent, or Dynamic Calcium Chloride moisture “weight gain” over 24 hours, or at least a practical overnight “plastic sheet test” is also advisable (approximately 1 m2 masked down on surface).
- Concrete substrate must have a minimum tensile strength of 1.5 N/mm2. Concrete shall be free of all laitance and preferably should be lightly vacuum blast cleaned leaving a uniform texture.
All blemishes in the surface such as pop-outs, omegas, blowholes and honeycomb should be patched with epidermix 201. This should be left overnight to cure and shall then be rendered smooth. Or use epidermix 318 or epidermix 372 for patch repairs. For a smooth final finish, the surface profile, peak to valley, should not exceed 25% of the coating thickness.
Bonding / Priming
Apply 10% diluted abe.®cote tough polyurethane paint as a prime coat.
To ensure good mixing, mechanical mixing equipment should be used (below 400 r.p.m) and avoid air incorporation (Jiffy type stirrer is ideal).
After mixing, apply with a mohair roller. Opened containers must be closed immediately to prevent evaporation and skin forming. It is advisable to use opened containers as quickly as is possible and completely.
- Don’t dilute with solvents.
- Pinholes can lead to a loss of adhesion, e.g. areas subjected to water ponding.
- Applications thicker than 145 μm WFT is not recommended.
- Extended applications should be worked within 8 – 10 minutes at the latest, otherwise tracks may be visible.
Cleaning of Equipment
Use water immediately after use. For dried material, use abe® super brush cleaner before full drying takes place.
Protection / Maintenance on Completion
Protect the surface against traffic and spillage until cured.
abe.®cote tough polyurethane paint is supplied in 5 L yield containers.
Handling & Storage
At least 12 months in original, unopened containers. Store in cool (+5 °C up to +20 °C) and dry conditions. Not frost resistant.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals branch.