Standard Bentonite Waterstop Tape for In-Situ Concrete
The dura.®joint SW-B is based on well established technology and is an economical bentonite type swelling waterstop tape.
dura.®joint SW-B is specifically for use of cold joint sealing of in-situ concrete construction.
Integral sealing for construction joints in cast in-situ concrete where conventional waterstops are impractical to use such as in restricted space or access situations. Service pipe penetrations.
- Self-injecting behaviour during the swelling process.
- Swelling into the direction of the lowest resistance.
- Seals in two phases.
- First phase: sealing by immediate swelling.
- Second phase: sealing by crystallization.
- High swelling capacity into the concrete honeycombs, cracks and joints to seal them (penetrates deep into the concrete structure and seals the cold joints permanent and securely).
- Ease of installation, nailing, bonding or casting into joint face.
- Swelling and shrinkage are infinitely reversible (unaffected by long term wet/dry cycling). High mineral portion, hence no fatigue of materials: Sodium-bentonite reacts even after decades of use.
- Salt tolerant in concrete and ground water conditions.
- Tested and approved up to 7 bar water pressure.
- Tested for use in changing water tables.
Tape profile: Rectangular and flexible
Colour: Black/dark grey
Dimensions: 10mm x 20mm
Coating: Talc treated
Weight: 310 g/m
Volumetric Expansion rate: > 300%
dura.®joint SW-B is to be used for in-situ concrete construction only. dura.®joint SW-B waterstop tapes shall completely covered on all sides by concrete (min. 8 cm concrete cover is required) to make sure that the swelling sealing pressure can be built up.
Roll of 10 m (box of 5 rolls).
5 years if stored protected from extreme weather conditions.
Construction joints where indicated will be protected from ingress or egress of liquid with dura.®joint SW-B (dependent on thickness of concrete section) and will be fixed mechanically with a suitable concrete nail or glued using dura.®joint SW adhesive.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals sales representative.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements. a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.