Flooring products supplied by a.b.e. Construction Chemicals were used for new floors at the Windhoek premises of Industrial Building Supplies (IBS).
a.b.e. – part of the Chryso Southern Africa Group – supplied a combination of its trusted flooring products, abecote 337 tough epoxy paint and abeflo for the 600sq m new floors at the IBS retail/warehouse outlet in the Namibian capital.
Abecote 337 is a two-component, solvent free, water dispersed epoxy emulsion that produces a floor coating with a paint smooth finish. Abecote 337 epoxy floor coating is not only decorative but robust enough to have been applied as protection for factory and warehouse floors throughout Southern Africa. Floors at chicken farms, dairies, motor workshops and even battery plants – with their acidic environment – are protected with abecote 337. The product is also used as concrete curing membrane and primer for a.b.e. hi-build and abeflo.
abeflo is a four-component, solvent free, self levelling flooring system with clear resin and hardener components. The product caters for high-hygiene standards and provides strong colour retention and a medium gloss finish. The product also has a derivative in abeflo HPU: a polyurethane self levelling chemical resistance mortar.
Peter Jones, a.b.e. Construction Chemicals’ Product Manager: Flooring, says IBS was impressed by a product presentation on abeflo he had conducted in Namibia last year and selected the product to achieve the neat, smooth, and hard wearing surface it was seeking for its new flooring. Architects, Decora of Windhoek, as a result specified the a.b.e. system for the project.
“a.b.e.-approved applicator, Implicor of Windhoek, headed by Chris Deetering, requested that I fly to Windhoek to personally supervise the smooth application of these a.b.e. products. Implicor had previously undergone a.b.e. training for a flooring project it handled for Windhoek Breweries,” Jones states.
“For the IBS project, Implicor initially had to vacuum grind the floors before applying two coats of abecote 337 as primer. The primer was required as the floor was very porous. The primer was applied late in the afternoon and early evening to help the system penetrate the substrate as the midday heat cooled off. This is always recommended in areas of extreme temperatures. A 2mm thick coating of abeflo – in Pale Grey colouring – was subsequently applied to produce quality flooring which completely met the client’s expectation and approval,” he adds.
a.b.e. Construction Chemicals has in its more than seven decades of operation formulated products that although trusted and applied by major flooring contractors can also be used by the home-owner/DIY enthusiast.
In addition to abecote 337 and abeflo, a.b.e.’s flooring range also includes products such as:
- abecote clear polyurethane:
- abecote 400 Hi-build: an epoxy floor coating that is seamless and hygienic and can be applied to a variety of surfaces – and also used as binder for abrasive grit to produce non-slip flooring;
- abescreed: a mortar flooring system with seamless finishes without crevices for dirt and bacteria to gather;
- abescreed PU: a polyurethane mortar with exceptional chemical resistance, and the ability to resist heat of up to 120 degrees Celsius;
- abescreed SLC P: a pumpable fast-track self levelling screed for refurbishment and new construction where carpets, ceramic tiles, vinyl, wood block or cork need to be applied quickly;
- abeco mastic: a cold laid bituminous heavy duty mastic flooring system which can be laid over any firm, clean sub-flooring such as concrete, steel and timber;
- abeplate: an iron armoured, dry shake metallic aggregate surface hardener; and
- abecron: a dry shake mineral aggregate surface hardener which provides up to twice the service life of a plain concrete floor.
Issued for a.b.e. Construction Chemicals, Boksburg / Further info: Kirsten Kelly, tel 011 395 9700
[/rad_page_widget][rad_page_widget id=’rpwQUARXCJ3CR710Q3409VP4GTPG8BQANDN’ type=’rad_image_widget’ last=’true’ type=’rad_image_widget’ image=’http://abe-dev.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/abe-Windhoek-Industrial-Warehouse.jpg’ text_title=” link=” lightbox=’false’ text_caption=’Two flooring products supplied by a.b.e. Construction Chemicals were used for new floors at the Windhoek premises of Industrial Building Supplies (IBS).’ width=” height=” hoverc=” hoverbg=” clear_float=’no’ resizing=’none’ visibility=’none’ delay=’0′ title_color=” title_size=” title_w=” text_color=” type=’rad_image_widget’ id=’rpwQUARXCJ3CR710Q3409VP4GTPG8BQANDN’ ][/rad_page_widget][/rad_page_container][/rad_page_section]