CHRYSO: We have the solutions to build the future you imagine
A chemicals specialist at the service of construction materials, CHRYSO has tripled its turnover over the past decade to become an international leader active in 70 countries by means of its 20 subsidiaries around the world.
CHRYSO provides its customers – cement manufacturers, concrete plants, precast manufacturers, and construction companies – with its formulation expertise and knowledge of construction materials.
CHRYSO has the ambition to be a lever for its customers’ development, and accordingly places customer service as its number one priority, while constantly innovating in R&D.
CHRYSO is also very concerned with Sustainable development, with a double objective: to be exemplary in the management of its operation all over the world, and to make our productions and solutions levers for the green revolution needed in building materials.
CHRYSO facts and figures:
- 1120 staff members
- Presence in over 70 countries:
- 24 subsidiaries & an international network of distributors and licence holders.
- 4 Research & Development Centres
- 28 Industrial Sites
- 24 Applicative Labs
Beyond the figures and overall financial performance, it is first and foremost the attitude of the men and women of CHRYSO which keeps this Group spirit and solidarity alive, an essential condition for sharing expertise, viewpoints as well as opportunities for development. To keep this spirit going, we all rally around the following KEY VALUES, which we all share.
– Thierry Bernard, President of the CHRYSO Group
Safety for all
At CHRYSO, ZERO ACCIDENT is more than a target: it is the main priority for one and all. We must all act with this in mind on the understanding that a situation of zero accident can only be achieved through our everyday decisions and actions.
Empowerment & Decentralisation
Every employee must be fully familiar with the responsibility which comes with their job, the resources available and how this responsibility fits in with the road map for their activity. In parallel, our management teams must work to build and strengthen a motivating working atmosphere in which autonomy is never confused with independence.
Customer & Results Driven
We all ensure that what we are doing or planning to do has real meaning for our customers, and keep being increasingly focused on the result.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Entrepreneurship must be at the heart of our individual behaviour, as well as a driver for collective action. It is all about taking the initiative, being creative and fostering risk-taking, while applying rigorous discipline when it comes to decision making and implementing action plans.
Our company has been built on stand-out product INNOVATIONS, and we all have at heart to keep up our innovative mind going.
Sense of Human Responsibilities & Equal Opportunities
The sense of Human responsibilities is built through dialogue and exchange so that everyone can realize what works and what doesn’t.
Our group has at heart to give its staff members the chance to achieve professionnal fulfilment and offer them with real prospects for career advancement by promoting equal opportunities to all.
The CHRYSO group’s sustainable development project involves two dimensions:
- Internal, with the wish to take into account the three pillars of Sustainable Development: create wealth whilst encouraging social progress and minimizing our ecological footprint. Our aim is to be exemplary;
- External: the belief that our solutions are incredible driving forces for the Green Revolution in building materials. Our aim is to contribute to creating the green materials of the future. »
Thierry Bernard, President
CHRYSO, a responsible company
As a responsible company, the CHRYSO group has set up a number of concrete actions on the following themes:
Green-design in R&D:
- Product design in order to reduce our environmental impact (including, for some products, life cycle analyses, and, for others, the production of environmental and health certificates).
- Using some raw materials in the formulation of our admixtures which reduce the risks of exposure for users (internal and external ones):
- Development of the use of vegetable-based components (biomass chemistry for example)
- Design of solvent-free products
- Recycling of waste waters and those used for manufacturing and cleaning our trucks
- Optimization of industrial processes in order to reduce energy consumption
- Building of our new factories based on the “green-factory” model
Demanding management system:
- Product compliance with the most demanding regulations: REACH for chemical components, as well as international and local standards and certifications for product quality (CE, NF, BENOR, ASTM, KOMO, Green Star Rating etc.)
- Worldwide deployment of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 50001 certifications.