Cost Accounting Intern (fixed term contract)
Purpose of the job:
- Drawing of batch cards required for production
- Issuing of batch cards
- Closing of batch cards
- Ensuring that material quantities are adjusted on batch cards
- Checking and Receipting of GRNs
- Controlling movement of batch cards
- Managing a record of batch cards with raw material shortages to be issued
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Capturing of stock take
- Prepare and submit Requests for Stock adjustments for processing
- Opening and closing of batch cards & ensuring correct quantities are adjusted on batch
- Reconciling the yield report with actual batch cards
- Process accurately and timeously all transfer documentation into and out of the Factory, ensuring that the processing matches the physical stock moved.
- Work closely with QC and Research and development team to rectify formulation quantities and codes.
- Efficiently report and rectify any batch discrepancies
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly stock counts – ensuring that the Factory & inventory is accurate both physically and as reflected on the system
- Maintain management information systems and procedures, and generate reports as required within your department
- Work closely with the Finance / Admin; Production & Procurement teams, communicating unforeseen demand requests and assisting with planning as and when required
- Manage document flow, filing systems and work process – ensuring that all admin is completed to the company standards and according to works instructions
- Identify and correct unsafe practices or activities within your department and relevant areas of control
- Ensure All GRNs for Raw and Packaging Materials are accurately captured in Accpac
- Ensure discrepancies between Orders and Receipts are investigated and resolved in AccPac
- Ensure returns and internal deliveries are sent for adjustment accurately and timeously
- Prepare Stock Count Sheets and Capture stock count in Accpac
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by management
- Matric qualification.
- Studying towards a qualification in Cost Accounting.
- Own transport essential.