Modified level assisting natural aggregate dry shake surface hardener
abecron LA is a non metallic modified level assisting natural aggregate dry shake surface hardener, a ready to use product for hardening concrete floors.
- Hardening indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces subject to light or moderate traffic
- Applied over freshly levelled and floated concrete, this dry shake surface hardener provides a low cost solution for hardening new industrial, commercial or residential concrete floors
- Areas where attractive, more uniform colour is desired to enhance the appearance of the floor and the working environment
- Warehousing and storage areas, automotive maintenance areas and other maintenance facilities
- Shopping centres, motels, schools, theatres, hospitals, car parks, pavements, driveways and patios
- A floor surface with increased strength and improved wear resistance
- Greatly assists the power floating process
- Up to twice the serviceable life of a plain concrete floor
- High density, easy to clean surface
- More resistant to liquid penetration than plain concrete
- Reduced water demand, reduces delamination risk
- Reduced working time thus greatly speeding up the application process
- Superior finished surface attributed to the levelling assistance technology
- Dustless technology reduces health risks and area contamination
- A floor surface equal in performance to the natural product and available in several attractive colours
The standard application rate of abecron LA surface hardener is 5 to 7 kg/m2 of the floor area.
Refer to a.b.e.® Directions for Use of Cementitious Floor Products.
Power floating is recommended.
Before application, the installer must make an approximate 10 m2 test reference panel using actual jobsite concrete and product installation methods for the owner and architect to approve.
- Do not apply over concrete containing more than 3% air. High air content makes proper application of dry shakes difficult or impractical, depending on the dimensions of the placement and ambient conditions
- Do not cure with salt water, brackish water, wet hessian, damp sand, plastic sheeting or ponding. Use duracure SBC or as approved by a.b.e.® as a curing compound
- This product contains Portland cement which may cause irritation to skin and eyes
- Do not apply over concrete containing free water on the surface
- Do not add water for finishing purposes
- Do not apply where operating and service conditions dictate the use of a metallic aggregate surface hardener where greater impact and wear resistance is required
- Not for use in areas exposed to acids and their salts or to other materials known to rapidly attack or deteriorate Portland cement concrete
Contact the local a.b.e.® representative for further information.
Use water for cleaning before setting, hardened material will have to be mechanically removed.
Protection on Completion
Cure only with a membrane curing compound like duracure SBC or as approved by a.b.e.®. The completed floor requires protection particularly where other trades are still completing their work.
Where coloured floors are required refer to your local a.b.e.® technical representative for further information.
N.B. Coloured floors require extra care during installation, and must be protected from staining and damage after completion. Many factors can affect the final shade and appearance of a coloured concrete floor. a.b.e.® cannot be held responsible for matters beyond the company’s control which would be the direct result of poor workmanship.
Burnishing can cause colour irregularity. Curing compounds wear off in time, but, in the case of a coloured floor, if scratches or other marks on the curing compound are aesthetically unacceptable, the curing compound should be removed by means of a suitable solvent before using the floor. Protect the surface against traffic, other trade activities and spillage until cured.
Temperature & Relative Humidity
As per concrete.
Modified level assisting, non metallic, dry shake, floor surface hardener.
The floor surface hardener will be abecron LA, a modified level assisting non metallic, dry shake material applied in accordance with a.b.e.® recommendations including curing with duracure SBC or as approved by a.b.e.®
abecron LA is supplied in 25 kg polyethylene lined paper bags.
Handling & Storage
All abecron LA related products have a shelf life of 12 months if kept in a dry, cool store in the original, unopened packs. If stored at high temperatures and/or high humidity conditions, the shelf life may be reduced.
Health & Safety
Avoid inhalation of dust and contact with skin and eyes.
Suitable protective clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment should be worn. The use of barrier creams provides additional skin protection. If contact with skin occurs, wash with water and soap. Splashes into eyes should be washed immediately with plenty of clean water and medical advice sought.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.