Dry-Shake Mineral Aggregate Surface Hardener.
abe.®cron is a ready-to-use product for hardening concrete floors.
- Hardening indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces subject to light or moderate traffic
- Applied over freshly levelled and floated concrete, this dry-shake surface hardener provides a low-cost solution for hardening new industrial, commercial or residential concrete floors.
- Areas where attractive, more uniform colour is desired to enhance the appearance of the floor and the working environment.
- Warehousing and storage areas, automotive maintenance areas and other maintenance facilities.
- Shopping centres, motels, schools,theatres, hospitals, car parks,pavements, driveways and patios.
- A floor surface with increased strength and improved wear resistance.
- Contains special components that provide uniform density, and improve the properties of the finished floor surface.
- Up to twice the serviceable life of a plain concrete floor.
- High-density, easy-to-clean surface.
- More resistant to liquid penetration than plain concrete.
- Basically concrete coloured, also available in a range of other colours.
- Highly cost effective.
- A floor surface equal in performance to the natural product and available in several attractive colours.
- Specially designed, long-lasting, light reflective properties that improve energy conservation and maximize the efficiency of existing or newly designed lighting systems.
|Colour||Natural or light concrete colour|
|MOH scale||7 – 8|
|Density||2,6 – 2,7|
|Aggregate grading value||18|
|Aggregate impact value||22|
|Polished stone value||61|
|Storage life||Up to 12 months when stored in accordance with a.b.e.®‘s instructions|
The standard application rate of abe.®cron surface hardener is 5 kg/m2 of the floor area.
Method of Application
Refer to a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals’ Directions for use of cementitious floor products.
Power floating is recommended.
- By power float
- Do not apply over concrete containing more than 3% air.
- Do not cure coloured abe.®cron with salt water, brackish water, wet hessian, damp sand, plastic sheeting or ponding. Use dura.®cure SBC.
- This product contains Portland cement which may cause irritation. Avoid contact with eyes and prolonged contact with skin.
- Do not apply over concrete containing free water on the surface.
- Do not add water for finishing purposes.
High air content makes proper application of dry shakes difficult or impractical, depending on the dimensions of the placement and ambient conditions. Contact the local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals’ representative for further information. This product should not be applied:
- Where operating and service conditions dictate the use of a metallic-aggregate surface hardener for greater wear resistance.
- For use in areas exposed to acids and their salts or to other materials known to rapidly attack or deteriorate Portland cement concrete unless coated with a resin.
Water before setting.
Protection on Completion
Cure only with membrane curing compounds that are approved by a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals.
dura.®cure SBC. Coloured floors should be cured with a matching coloured curing compound.
NB: Coloured floors require extra care during installation, and must be protected from staining and damage after completion. Many factors can affect the final shade and appearance of a coloured concrete floor. a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals cannot be held responsible for matters beyond the company’s control which would be the direct result of poor workmanship. Burnishing can cause colour irregularity. Curing compounds wear off in time, but, in the case of a coloured floor, if scratches or other marks on the curing compound are aesthetically unacceptable, the curing compound should be removed by means of a suitable solvent before using the floor, Protect the surface against traffic and spillage until cured.
Temperature & Relative Humidity
As per concrete.
Non-metallic, dry shake, floor surface hardener.
The floor surface hardener will be abe.®cron, a non-metallic, dry shake material applied in accordance with a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals’ recommendations including curing with duracure SBC.
abe.®cron is supplied in 25 kg polyethylene lined paper bags.
Handling & Storage
All abe.®cron related products have a shelf life of 12 months if kept in a dry, cool store in the original, unopened packs. If stored at high temperatures and/or high humidity conditions, the shelf life may be reduced.
Health & Safety
Avoid inhalation of dust and contact with skin and eyes. Suitable protective clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment should be worn. The use of barrier creams provides additional skin protection. If contact with skin occurs, wash with water and soap. Splashes into eyes should be washed immediately with plenty of clean water and medical advice sought.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements. a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.