Concrete Sealer for Cementitious Screeds
abe.®seal finisol is a water-based concrete sealer that is moisture insensitive (tolerant) and dries clear.
abe.®seal finisol has a tracing effect that helps to see the treated areas and to optimise the application rate. The white aspect totally disappears when dry.
abe.®seal finisol improves surface toughness, abrasion and wear resistance (ISO 11-998 and ASTM D24-56).
abe.®seal finisol does not modify the aspect and the colour of the substrate on which it is applied. It is non-yellowing over time (Accelerated ageing test – NF EN ISO 11-507).
- A seal coat for cementitious screeds, abe.®screed duraTop and abe.®screed SLCP.
- abe.®seal finisol is designed to protect aesthetic concrete, especially on concrete at early ages (12 to 24 hours after concrete casting). This product is particularly adapted to protect exposed aggregate concrete, on which it can be applied immediately after the wash out of the surface retarder.
- Decorative concrete, pavers, slabs and street furniture.
- Precast concrete elements.
- Pigmented screed sealing and colour enhancing.
- Can be over-coated with water based systems.
- Protects the exposed aggregate surfaces.
- Solvent-free system; low odour.
- Film-forming sealer that reduces stains.
- Oleophobic and hydrophobic functions, offers protection against oils, water and dust.
- Increases durability of the surface.
- Reduces the appearance of efflorescence.
- Economical sealer.
- Film forming dries to a clear film.
- Seals moisture, allows vapour transmission.
- Water-based makes it safe for users.
- Easy to apply.
- Easy to clean equipment while still wet.
Properties of Wet Material
Surfaces must be clean, mechanically sound, free of laitance, nibs, dust, curing membrane, grease, oil and any excess water.
Protect the surface from frost
abe.®seal finisol is ready-to-use and can be applied by brush, roller or spray for both interior and exterior applications.
The application rate depends on the porosity of the surface to be treated. The average coverage for is 5 m2/L/coat. A minimum of 2 two coats are required, by the addition of any further coats the surface will tend toward a gloss finish.
abe.®seal finisol may be applied to a damp substrate that is free of excess water or puddles.
Apply the product in a uniform manner without any rundowns or puddles.
Wait 4 hours before applying a second coat, provided that ambient temperatures are not below 10 °C.
In case of vertical application, the product can be applied on porous and non-greasy substrates. Spraying will be done using airless process (pressure 5 – 6 bar).
In case of over-application, droplets can appear, but after drying, abe.®seal finisol is perfectly smooth.
- In windy conditions the surface needs to be protected against dirt and dust contamination while it is still wet.
- Excess water needs to be brushed away to obtain a damp surface.
- Do not apply when it is wet or when temperatures are below 10 °C. This should also be respected when drying.
- Should the product freeze, it will recover its properties. After thawing, efficient agitation is necessary until product is entirely homogeneous again.
4 to 6 m2/L/coat, subject to the surface profile and porosity of the surface, a minimum of 2 coats are required.
While the product is still wet wash the tools with clean water.
abe.®seal finisol is supplied in 20 L and 5 L plastic containers.
Handling & Storage
abe.®seal finisol has a shelf life of 1 year if kept in a dry, cool store in the original, unopened packs.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals sales representative.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.