Anti-root elastoplastomeric compound (BPP) and reinforced with an additive (antiradice) and spunbond polyester.
abedex® AR is a rot and root resistant waterproofing membrane. The anti- root properties of the membrane are achieved by adding Polyglycol chloro-totyl-oxy-propionate additive, a specific anti-root agent, to the polymer bitumen mix.
abedex® AR when installed provides a barrier against root penetration even at the overlaps this being due to the fact that the additive is dispersed throughout the matrix.
abedex® AR is flexible, has good elongation characteristics and is both root and rot resistant. The root inhibitor will not wash out or leach, nor is it affected by heat generated during the torching operation. The spun bonded polyester reinforcement provides superior puncture resistance characteristics in the membrane.
abedex® AR is always used as the final layer and can be in direct contact with soil. When waterproofing gardens, foundations, underground garages, tunnels covered with soil, road structures and under gravel. When waterproofing roof gardens, for instance, it is used as the second layer of a two layer system; the first layer being a 3mm, polyester reinforced membrane and the second layer being abedex® AR which should be placed on the previous sheet and be fully flame bonded laid on top of previous membrane with staggered laps and be fully torched.
- Specifically developed for waterproofing in buried situations such as earth retaining walls, foundations and green roofs.
- The substrate is to be clean, dry and free of any dust, grease, oils or loose debris. The substrate is to be of a smooth and even condition being free of protrusions or voids
- Coves or fillets are to be installed at all internal angles
- Screed to falls of 1:80
- Apply bituprime primer on substrates to receive membrane
- Allow to flash off or dry
- Avoid rough handling, especially at low temperatures below 5 °C. Work must be stopped at temperatures below -2 °C
- Our standard application of the membrane requires that the product be fully bonded by heat fusion to the primed substrate by heat fusion
- If a two layer membrane system is to be fitted the upper membrane must be laid with staggered side and end laps
- We recommend side laps to be minimum of 75 mm and end laps to be a minimum of 100 mm
- A round nosed trowel and gas torch to be used when installing the membrane ensure adequate bonding of the laps
- Substrate drainage to be installed using abedrain® (specification varies to requirements)
|Type||Reinforcement||Surface finish||Thickness – weight /m2||m2 /Pallet||Weight|
|4 mm||Polyester||Sand||4 mm||200||50 kg|
|Length||10 m – 1% (UNI EN 1848-1)||Tol. ≥|
|Width||1 m – 1% (UNI EN 1848-1)||Tol. ≥|
|Thickness||UNI EN 1849-1||Tol. 0.2 mm|
Download Technical Datasheet
Please contact the a.b.e.® technical sales team for a specific project specification (0860 223 773).
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot the company cannot accept any liability for
application – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.