Elastoplastomeric compound (BPP) reinforced made up of polyester un-woven fabric reinforced with fibreglass strands.
abedex® FS-R membrane is manufactured from a compound of distilled bitumen elastoplastomeric and polymers. After mixing, the characteristics of the polymers are dominant and are evenly dispersed throughout the matrix. abedex® FS-R membrane has excellent stability at both high and low temperatures and possesses good longevity.
The upper face of the membrane is treated with a sand finish, which prevents problems when unrolling the product. The lower face is covered with a sacrificial polyethylene film and the roll is then embossed. The embossing assists in the rapid burn off of the polyethylene film in the torching operation and allows good vapour diffusion.
- abedex® FS-R membrane can be used as a single layer waterproofing system or as part of a multi-layer built up waterproofing system
- The substrate is to be clean, dry and free of any dust, grease, oils or loose debris. The substrate is to be of a smooth and even condition being free of protrusions or voids
- Coves or fillets are to be installed at all internal angles
- Screed to falls of 1:80
- Apply bituprime primer on substrates to receive membrane
- Allow to flash off or dry
- Avoid rough handling, especially at low temperatures below 5 °C. Work must be stopped at temperatures below -2 °C
- Our standard application of the membrane requires that the product be fully bonded by heat fusion to the primed substrate by heat fusion
- If a two layer membrane system is to be fitted the upper membrane must be laid with staggered side and end laps
- We recommend side laps to be minimum of 75 mm and end laps to be a minimum of 100 mm
- A round nosed trowel and gas torch to be used when installing the membrane ensure adequate bonding of the laps
- Protection coating or overlay to be determined by a professional with a.b.e.® technical assistance
|Type||Reinforcement||Surface finish||Thickness – weight m2||m2 /Pallet||Weight|
|Single Reinforced BPP||Dual carrier:
Polyester unwoven fabric with fibreglass strands
|Length||10 m – 1% (UNI EN 1848-1)||Tol. ≥|
|Width||1 m – 1% (UNI EN 1848-1)||Tol. ≥|
|Thickness||UNI EN 1849-1||Tol. 0.2 mm|
|Weight per m2||UNI EN 1849-1||Tol. 10%|
Download Technical Datasheet
Please contact the a.b.e.® technical sales team for a specific project specification (0860 223 773).
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – accept any liability for application because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.