Special BPE elastomeric compound reinforced with high-weight sponbound polyester reinforced in fibreglass.
abedex® HM membrane, combines ease of application, thermal fusibility and the flexibility at low temperatures -25 °C, strength and BPE elastomeric compound.
Furthermore, the compound has excellent qualities of adhesion and of compatibility with other oxidised and modified bitumen and it guarantees a long lasting and strong joint with a resistance to peeling which increases in time, from 2 to 3 times higher than normal bitumen based or polymer modified membranes.
abedex® HM is reinforced with a high grammage, non woven fabric of continuous extruded polyester which is extremely strong and elastic.
abedex® HM is coated on both faces with Flamina, a film that melts when torched with an optimum retraction, which guarantees a fast and reliable installation.
- Excellent resistance to fatigue of the abedex® HM membranes, due to the high elasticity at low temperatures, make them suitable for use in the most demanding of waterproofing installations. Fractional substructures or ones that are subject to cracking and vibrations, even in cold climates. The product being reinforced with polyester non-woven fabric, render it suitable for use as a waterproofing membrane for construction joints and can be joined by a gas torch fusion a torch to the waterproof surface
- On all inclined surfaces: on flat, inclined and curved surfaces
- On different types of surfaces: site-cast or pre-fabricated cement substructures, on metal or wooden roofing, on the most widely used heat insulation products used in the building industry
- For the most varied uses: foundations, waterworks and ecological works, tunnels, underground passages, underground subways and joints
- The substrate is to be clean, dry and free of any dust, grease, oils or loose debris. The substrate is to be of a smooth and even condition being free of protrusions or voids
- Coves or fillets are to be installed at all internal angles
- Screed to falls of 1:80
- Apply bituprime primer on substrates to receive membrane
- Allow to flash off or dry
- Avoid rough handling, especially at low temperatures below 5 °C. Work must be stopped at temperatures below -2 °C
- Our standard application of the membrane requires that the product be fully bonded by heat fusion to the primed substrate by heat fusion
- If a two layer membrane system is to be fitted the upper membrane must be laid with staggered side and end laps
- We recommend side laps to be minimum of 75 mm and end laps to be a minimum of 100 mm
- A round nosed trowel and gas torch to be used when installing the membrane ensure adequate bonding of the laps
- Protection coating or overlay to be determined by a professional with a.b.e.® technical assistance
|Type||Reinforcement||Surface finish||Thickness – weight /m2||m2 /Pallet||Weight|
|4 mm||Spunbound Polyester||Film||4 mm||200||50 kg|
Download Technical Datasheet
Please contact the a.b.e.® technical sales team for a specific project specification (0860 223 773).
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.