Elastoplastomeric compound (BPP) reinforced in reinforced polyester
The membrane is manufactured from modified bitumen reinforced with a non-woven polyester fabric.
abedex® unigum Mineral Slate incorporates a slate granule imbedded into the upper surface of the membrane producing an aesthetically pleasing, low maintenance waterproofing material. It should be noted that this membrane should not be used as a primary waterproofing membrane, but rather as a capping sheet in a two layer system.
The underside of the membrane receives a sacrificial polyethylene film, Flamina and then the membrane is embossed. The embossing allows for rapid burn off of the polyethylene film when the membrane is being installed by torch application.
- Normally used in any exposed waterproofing system
- The mineral surface should be used as the upper membrane in a two layer system acting as a capping or weather sheet
- The substrate is to be clean, dry and free of any dust, grease, oils or loose debris. The substrate is to be of a smooth and even condition being free of protrusions or voids
- Coves or fillets are to be installed at all internal angles
- Screed to falls of 1:80
- Apply bituprime primer on substrates to receive membrane
- Allow to flash off or dry
- Avoid rough handling, especially at low temperatures below 5 °C. Work must be stopped at temperatures below -2 °C
- Our standard application of the membrane requires that the product be fully bonded by heat fusion to the primed substrate by heat fusion
- If a two layer membrane system is to be fitted the upper membrane must be laid with staggered side and end laps
- We recommend side laps to be minimum of 75 mm and end laps to be a minimum of 100 mm
- A round nosed trowel and gas torch to be used when installing the membrane ensure adequate bonding of the laps
|4.5 kg||Soundbound Polyester||Film||4 mm||200||50 kg|
|Length||10 m – 1% (UNI EN 1848-1) – Tex version||Tol. ≥|
|Width||1 m – 1% (UNI EN 1848-1)||Tol. ≥|
|Thickness||UNI EN 1849-1||Tol. 0.2 mm|
|Weight per m2||UNI EN 1849-1||Tol. 10%|
Download Technical Datasheet
Please contact the a.b.e.® technical sales team for a specific project specification (0860 223 773).
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot accept any liability for application – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.