Polymer bonded E-glass yarn
abeflex, is a scrim, E-glass roving yarn that is bonded and coated with a special alkali resistant polymer. abeflex is a versatile force of reinforcement that will increase the coating strength and reduce cracking.
- In adhesive for fixing mosaics
- Integral support in duraflex® applications
- Underfloor heating applications
- Thin set mortar applications
- Decorative concrete mortar applications
- Plaster skim coats
- Information supplied is for general guidance, the user will be obliged to determine the suitability for the intended use and therefore no liability can be accepted.
- Excellent adhesion and bond strength
- Easy to apply, high production rate
- Alkali resistant
- Reduces mortar sagging
- Does not corrode
- Lightweight reinforcement
- Resistant to heat
- Good chemical resistance
- Able to maintain strength over a wide range of conditions
- Cost effective
- Low product wastage due to the process
- Increases coating strength and reduces cracking
|Typical tensile strengths||Warp & Weft – 10 kN/m|
|Elongation||Warp & Weft – <3.5%|
|Warp Ends||4.0 cm (+0.2)|
|Weft Picks||4.0 cm (+0.2)|
|Aperture size||175 mm*|
|Fresh wet density||1.8 mm x 1.8 mm|
|Average Mass||66 g/m2 (+5.5%)|
Apply a wet coat of duraflex® and embed the abeflex membrane into the surface followed by a top coat. All subsequent coats of duraflex® need to be applied as per the data sheet.
abeflex may also be applied in other plaster thin set coatings or decorative coatings like the CHRYSO® Béton Ciré range.
Always ensure that both side and end laps are greater than 50 mm.
abeflex is supplied in:
50m x 1m rolls (code: 13501271)
Handling And Storage
abeflex has a shelf life of 24 months if kept in a dry, cool store in the original, unopened packs. If stored at high temperatures and/ or high humidity conditions, the shelf life may be reduced.
Health And Safety
See the MSDS for further details, always use the appropriate protective equipment and clothing.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation,
specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot accept any liability for application – because a.b.e.® has no direct or
continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over the years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction