All the relevant product data sheets are to be read for additional information like pot life, mixing instructions, surface preparation, ventilation, temperature application limitations, etc.
- For concrete, all surfaces are to be clean, sound, free of laitance, oil and loose friable material.
- For brickwork, rake out all joint work in brickwork to ensure that all loose unsound material is removed resulting in a surface as in point 1 above.
Note: prior to the application of these products it is recommended that the surfaces are made slightly damp – but no free water left on the surface, this assists in ease of application and reduces suction from the substrate.
Rendering the Surface Smooth
- For a “bagging type application” to render your brickwork smooth blend sand and cement 2:1 by volume incorporating a gauging liquid to achieve desired consistency. The gauging liquid made up of dura.®latex and water blended 1:1 by volume.
- Other application thicknesses of mortars, see the dura.®latex data sheet.
- Should a high performance smooth profile be required, see data sheet dura.®rep FC for profiling surfaces to receive other coating applications.
- dura.®rep FC
- Festo mixer with a helical coil mixing head
- Suitable 25 litre mixing steel can to mix in
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements. a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.