Acrylic plaster primer & mortar enhancer.
bonding agent is an aqueous dispersion of fine acrylic copolymer particles.
bonding agent is very stable in an alkaline environment and perfectly compatible with hydraulic cements. bonding agent is recommended for the following applications:
- Primer coat for renderings and toppings. Cement rendering sand mixed type renderings. Base coat, waterproofing coat for plaster and floor finishes. Cement toppings not manually compacted.
- Primer for floor repairs and self leveling screeds. Additive for cement grouts used to waterproof surfaces. Primer for render coats applied to abe® dura.®flex.
- As a general Mortar and screed cohesion enhancer.
- Toppings containing special aggregates and cement (designed to resist wear and tear, dust proof).
- Mortars used to finish and re-profile corners and external trim.
- Jointing mortars for masonry. Also used to bond traffic islands and sidewalk curbing to concrete or asphalt. Jointing and caulking mortars for masonry joints, chimney stacks, mortar fillets etc.
- bonding agent increases mortar plasticity, cohesion and adherence. Furthermore, it improves tensile strength, abrasion resistance and impact strength. As this product is not affected by hydrolysis, it is ideal for surfaces in contact (permanent or occasional) with water including salt water.
- bonding agent decreases the modulus of elasticity, reduces hairline cracking, shrinkage and dust accumulation from wear and tear. It improves mortar water-tightness and resistance tool, grease, fuel oil and weak acids. Mortars containing bonding agent are non-toxic and may be placed in contact with food products and drinking water.
- Improves non-structural bond of cement screeds, renders and gypsum plasters.
- Bonds to sound PVA/acrylic surfaces.
- Good spread rate.
Typical Physical Properties
Appearance: Milky white liquid
Density: 1.01 g/cm3
- All surfaces should be clean and sound.
- Remove all surface grout, unsound concrete and loose material.
- Remove any traces of grease.
- Saturate surface with water then mop up excess. When bonding agent is applied, the temperature of surfaces will always be above 5 °C.
Approximately 10 m²/L subject to surface porosity and profile.
bonding agent must not be diluted and should be used directly from can. Applied by brush, roller or sprayed on. Coating should not be allowed to dry before placement of toppings and coatings. Avoid ponding of bonding agent, if required spread evenly with stiff brush.
Cleaning of Equipment
Tools, brushes and mixing equipment should be cleaned immediately after use and before material has set with abe® super brush cleaner followed by washing with soap and water
Protection / Maintenance on Completion
The newly applied mortar/screed or plaster must be kept damp for at least five days to promote good curing.
Synthetic co-polymer bonding liquid for mortar/plaster. The bonding liquid will be bonding agent, a onecomponent synthetic co-polymer compound applied in accordance with the recommendations of a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals sales representative.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements. a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.