CHRYSO® VerticArt is a mortar specifically designed to create unique vertical surfaces.
- Easy to apply
- Interior and exterior areas.
- CHRYSO® VerticArt is white in colour it can be integrally coloured using CHRYSO® Colours C range of iron oxide powder, or coloured on the surface with specific colour agents.
- Bricks and pavers
- Cast-in-place concrete
- Traditional cement based wall coatings
- Natural/Artificial rocks (To be applied on a metallic grid that serves as the tridimensional structure)
- Wood and wood derivative panels, exterior quality, covered by waterproofing membrane and metallic grid structure
- Traditional cement based wall coating
- Rectification of walls with thickness up to 15 cm (in several layers)
- Water : Approximately 5 L per 20 kg
- Mixing time: 3 to 5 mins
- Pot life: 40 mins maximum
- Carving window : 0 to 48 hours
- 1st coat thickness: 1 to 5 cm
- Maximum thickness: 15 cm
- Do not re-temper the mix. If it has started to set, discard and mix a fresh batch.
- Upon completion apply the appropriate sealer for protection.
|Physical state||dry powder|
|Shelf life||12 months|
|Compressive strengths: (Dry cure)||7 days- 15 MPa
28 days – 16 MPa
|Flexural strengths: (Dry cure)||7 days – 6.5 MPa
28 days – 6.8 MPa
|Yield||approximately 19 L per 20 kg|
20 kg bag
Do not apply CHRYSO® VerticArt on gypsum based supports, or paint. Temperature of the support must be between +5 OC and + 25 OC.
Do not apply on frozen surfaces, wet surfaces, or hot surfaces exposed to direct sunlight.
Avoid applying dark colors (pigment loading above 4%).
Do not apply if the temperature is below 8 OC (risk of not setting, carbonatation and efflorescence).
Protect the newly applied surface from direct sun and wind to prevent shrinkage cracking.
Wood moves, swells/shrinks when exposed to moist conditions, this will cause delamination. Prior to this type of application conduct trials and ensure that the wood is dry. Wood contains natural oils, therefore should be wiped with an oil free acetone prior to priming.
CHRYSO® VerticArt should be kept in the original sealed packaging in a dry cool environment.
CHRYSO® VerticArt has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
Health and Safety
Before handling, read product safety data sheet for safe use, physical and health hazard information. For more information, please refer to the material safety data sheet.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.