Clear Polyurethane Coating
abecote clear polyurethane is a two component, solvent free, waterborne polyurethane coating, formulated to provide an ultra-durable clear coating with a semi-matt or gloss finish.
abecote clear polyurethane is UV resistant with good mechanical properties and good chemical resistance against water, alcohols, salt solution and petrol.
abecote clear polyurethane is essentially used as a top coating for sealing/maintenance of polyurethane and epoxy coatings, as well as porous surfaces i.e. concrete, screeds, tiles, paving, wooden floors and furniture.
- Offers a very good cleaning effect and resistance to cartyre contamination (black heel marking – BHM).
- Environmentally and user friendly (solvent free).
- Excellent mar resistance.
- Semi-matt finish which hides surface imperfections due to poor finishing.
- Easy cleaning – good stain resistance to coffee, shoe polish and mustard.
- Good resistance to aliphatic solvents, alcohols and household cleaning solvents and detergents.
- Good UV resistance, top coat for abe.®cote tough epoxy paint to use outdoors.
- Durable, top coat for abe.®cote tough epoxy paint to use outdoors.
The substrate must be clean, dry, mechanically sound and free from dust, oil and grease.
It is advisable to check bonding on unfamiliar surfaces. Older coatings must be sanded.
The components must be thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. To ensure good mixing, mechanical mixing equipment should be used (below 400 r.p.m) and avoid air incorporation (Jiffy type stirrer is ideal).
After mixing, transfer the mixed material into a new container for application. For top coat sealing it is not necessary to dilute with water.
Opened containers must be closed immediately to prevent evaporation and skin forming. It is advisable to use opened containers as quickly as is possible and completely.
abe.®cote clear polyurethane is applied with a virgin mohair roller thinly and evenly.
- Don’t dilute with solvents.
- Pinholes can lead to a loss of adhesion, e.g. areas subjected to water ponding.
- Applications thicker than 125 μm WFT is not recommended.
- Localised higher thickness can change the transparency and produces small bubbles.
- Extended applications should be worked within 8 – 10 minutes at the latest, otherwise tracks may be visible.
- Do not apply coating if humidity is in excess of 85% @ 21 ºC or 75% @ 10 ºC.
- Do not apply coating if the substrate temperature is at least 3 ºC (5 ºC is better) above dew point.
Cleaning of Equipment
Use water immediately after use. For dried material, use abe® super brush cleaner before full cure is effected.
Protection / Maintenance on Completion
Protect the surface against traffic and spillage until cured.
abe.®cote clear polyurethane is supplied in 5 L containers.
Handling & Storage
At least 12 months in original, unopened containers. Store in cool (5 °C up to 20 °C) and dry conditions. Not frost resistant.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® branch.