Two component epoxy adhesive, filler and grout.
epidermix 372 is a two component, solvent free, thixotropic, polyamide cured epoxy adhesive.
epidermix 372 is used:
- as a general epoxy adhesive for most materials, excluding certain plastics and stainless steel.
- as a ﬁller. It may be ﬁlled with ﬁne material such as wood flour, silica sand and talc, to match the material being ﬁlled.
- as a grouting medium for ﬁxing dowels and bolts, horizontally into concrete and rock.
- Solvent free.
- Bonds most materials.
- Can be ﬁlled for use as a grout.
- Resists solvent like: aliphatic solvents, vegetable mineral oils, greases and petroleum fuels.
- Compressive strength @ 25 ºC: 70 MPa.
- Tensile strength @ 25 ºC: 30 MPa.
- Maximum service temperature 60 ºC.
- Excellent water resistance.
Any surface to be treated must be clean, sound and dry. It must be free of foreign matter such as oil, grease, paint, dust, debris of preparation and any other form of contamination. Smooth surfaces should be roughened by some appropriate method.
Preparation of speciﬁc surfaces:
- Cast concrete and pockets in concrete – free of all laitance and shutter release.
- Drilled concrete and rock – if wet drilled, free of all traces of dry slurry; if dry drilled, free of all drilling debris.
- Fibre cement – free of all dust.
- Smooth steel – free of millscale, rust and other foreign matter. Ideally abrasive blast cleaned.
- Deformed and threaded steel – free of oil, grease and rust.
- Aluminium – free of grease. Abrade and degrease. Bond immediately.
- Stainless steel – is not a candidate material.
- Timber – roughen by rasping. Oily woods (e.g. teak)
- Glass – detergent wash, clean water rinse, alcohol rinse.
- Glass fibre laminates – abrade to expose ﬁbres and solvent wash.
- Ceramic (unglazed) – contamination free and dry.
- Stone – free of contamination.
- Rubbers – degrease and roughen.
- Thermoplastic plastics (except polystyrene) – are not candidate materials.
- Polystyrene – must be free of foreign matter.
No priming required.
Mixing ratio: Two base to one activator by volume. Carry out mixing on a ﬂat clean surface, such as a board or plate.
Set up carefully measured quantities (two volumes base and one volume activator) of each component, side by side on the mixing plate. Do not mix until application site operations are ready. Use separate tools to remove each component from its container thus preventing contamination. Mix the two components until a completely homogeneous material results with putty knives, paint scrapers or similar ﬂ at tools. The larger the volume of the mix the longer should the mixing time be. If a ﬁlled material is required, add the ﬁller only after complete mixing of the base and activator has been achieved. Remove mixed material to a clean surface and carry on mixing to ensure no unmixed material from the ﬁrst mixing area is incorporated in the ﬁnal product.
- In general 1 L mixed epidermix 372 covers 1 m2 to a thickness of 1 mm.
- As a grout 1 L mixed epidermix 372 ﬁlled with an equal volume abe® coarse No. 1 silica sand will yield approximately 1.3 L of mortar.
Note: This information makes no allowance for site wastage.
Maximum application rate:
As an adhesive: Use thinnest possible ﬁlm allowing for full wetting of adherents.
As a ﬁller: Up to 15 mm thickness.
As a grout: Do not grout unﬁlled epidermix 372 into a hole larger than 1.5 times bar diameter. When grouting with ﬁlled epidermix 372, the hole should be kept as small as possible.
Tools, brushes and mixing equipment should be cleaned immediately after use and before material has set with abe® super brush cleaner followed by washing with soap and water.
Protection/maintenance on completion
If used as a ﬁller, an epoxy coating is required. Allow a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 48 hours before commencing with applying the epoxy coating.
90 ml, 500 ml, 1 L, 5 L containers.
Handling & storage
Shelf life of 24 months, but shorter if in extreme conditions. Keep tightly sealed in a dry cool place in the original packaging.
Health & safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals branch.