malthoid 2 ply: Damp-proof coursing in brickwork (DPC) 1.7 mm.
malthoid 3 ply: Damp-proof coursing in brickwork (DPC) 2 mm Damp-proof coursing under ﬂoor screeds.
malthoid 5 ply: Damp-proof coursing in brickwork (DPC) 2.8 mm Damp-proof coursing under ﬂoor screeds.
- Flat roof waterprooﬁng when an asphaltic membrane may be used. (min falls 2%).
- In accordance with SABS Code of practice 021/1973 – using either hot or cold bonding method.
- As an underlay on timber decks.
- As a protection layer over abe® index torch-on waterprooﬁng membranes prior to the application of screeds and tiles.
- High resistance to puncture.
- Protection of torch-on membranes.
- Rot proof.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from sharp protrusions.
Bonding / Priming
- Prime concrete surfaces with abe® bitu.®prime and allow to dry.
- Use abe® bitu.®grip as an adhesive to bond malthoid 5 ply to primed concrete.
- 2 & 3 ply not for exposed roof waterprooﬁng.
- Do not use on completely ﬂat roofs.
- Stack full rolls on end no more than two layers high.
- Stack cut rolls no more than 1.8 m high.
Tear off the paper wrapper and merely roll out product on surface. Use sharp knife to cut to required length.
Overlaps: 75 mm side and end laps 100 mm.
Tools, brushes and mixing equipment should be cleaned immediately after use and before material has set with abe® super brush cleaner followed by washing with soap and water.
Protection / Maintenance on Completion
In the event of the malthoid being exposed, coat with abe® silvakote for protection against UV rays. Allow malthoid 5 ply to weather for 6 weeks before overcoating.
malthoid 2, 3 and 5 -ply is supplied in various roll sizes:
20 m x 112 mm
20 m x 225 mm
20 m x 300 mm
20 m x 450 mm
20 m x 900 mm
Handling & Storage
Shelf life of 24 months, but shorter if in extreme conditions. Keep in a dry cool place.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals branch.