Standard bentonite waterstop tape for in-situ concrete
The durajoint SW-B is based on well established technology and is an economical bentonite type swelling waterstop tape.
durajoint SW-B is specifically for use of cold joint sealing of in-situ concrete construction.
Integral sealing for construction joints in cast in-situ concrete where conventional waterstops are impractical to use such as in restricted space or access situations. Service pipe penetrations.
- Self-injecting behaviour during the swelling process
- Swelling into the direction of the lowest resistance
- Seals in two phases.
- First phase: sealing by immediate swelling
- Second phase: sealing by crystallization.
- High swelling capacity into the concrete honeycombs, cracks and joints to seal them (penetrates deep into the concrete structure and seals the cold joints permanent and securely)
- Ease of installation, nailing, bonding or casting into joint face
- Swelling and shrinkage are infi nitely reversible (unaffected by long term wet/dry cycling). High mineral portion, hence no fatigue of materials: Sodiumbentonite reacts even after decades of use.
- Salt tolerant in concrete and ground water conditions
- Tested and approved up to 7 bar water pressure
- Tested for use in changing water tables
Typical Application & Installation Techniques
durajoint SW-B may be fixed either with concrete nails at ± 300 mm centres, or on a bead of durajoint SW-B adhesive applied 6 mm thick.
It is acceptable to butt joints at end of each roll, however a 45° angle cut at the overlaps is preferred and either as concrete nail or a small amount of durajoint SW-B adhesive may be used.
durajoint SW-B is to be used for in-situ concrete construction only. durajoint SW-B waterstop tapes shall be completely covered on all sides by concrete (min. 8 cm concrete cover is required) to make sure that the swelling sealing pressure can be built up.
Roll of 10 m (box of 5 rolls).
5 years if stored protected from extreme weather conditions.
Construction joints where indicated will be protected from ingress or egress of liquid with durajoint SW-B (dependent on thickness of concrete section) and will be fixed mechanically with a suitable concrete nail or glued using durajoint SW-B adhesive.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® sales representative.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® endeavours to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot accept any liability for application – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total
a.b.e.® has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over the years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction