Waterproofing in a spray can.
super laykold spray & seal is a solvent based, rubberised waterprooﬁng compound that can be spray applied.
Waterproofs and seals:
- Cracks in walls and brickwork.
- Gutters, roof tiles and roof sheeting.
- Cement based pots, tanks and water storage vessels.
- Water features, non-marine.
- Existing waterprooﬁng, including bitumen torch membrane.
NOTE: not suitable for PVC substrates.
- Easy-to-use, convenient spray application.
- Eco friendly, low odour.
- Liquid, ﬁlls cracks and voids.
- Flexible with excellent adhesion (150% elongation).
- Paintable once cured.
- No primer required.
All surfaces to be clean, dry, sound and free of all laitance, grease, oil and loose and ﬂaking particles.
Shake well before use.
400 ml covers 0.9 m2 (two coats).
- Tape off the area to be sealed.
- No priming is required.
- Shake super laykold spray & seal before and after each spray session.
- Spray with even strokes applying thinly, do not over spray.
- Spray second coat after the ﬁrst coat is touch dry.
- Touch dry @ 20 ºC: 35 minutes.
- Cured @ 20 ºC: 18 hours.
- Protect with a quality PVA paint, abe® super laycryl or abe® silvakote.
- Use mineral turpentine or lacquer thinners to clean the nozzle and areas of over spray before the material has fully cured.
- To clean the actuator, valve and stem, hold can upside down and spray until contents no longer emerge from actuator.
- The spray can is now ready for storage and future use.
Protection / Maintenance on completion
Protect with a quality PVA paint, abe® super laycryl or abe® silvakote.
Handling & Storage
super laykold spray & seal has a shelf life of 12 months if kept in a dry cool place in the original packaging. In more extreme conditions this period might be shortened.
- Extremely ﬂammable aerosol, liquid and vapour.
- May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
- Contains gas under pressure: may explode if heated.
- Keep away from heat/open ﬂames/hot surfaces – no smoking.
- Do not spray on an open ﬂame or other ignition source
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- Pressurised container: Do not pierce or burn, even after use.
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 ºC.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals branch.