The surface has to be clean, sound, dry, free of oil and deleterious matter prior to applying the system.
See datasheet “Preparation of Surfaces”.
- Saw cut the spalled edge of the concrete a minimum of 100mm back from the joint and 25mm deep, this applies to either side of the joint.
- These dimensions only apply provided that the cut is beyond the spalled area, else increase the dimensions until sound and clean concrete is obtained.
- The saw cut which is perpendicular to the floor surface is important in order that the repair mortar applied is never feather edged.
- These surfaces must be roughened in order to remove the smooth finish resulting from the cutting process.
- Any unsound concrete below this must be removed ie any cracks etc. will reflect through the repair material
To the clean, dry and roughened surface apply the epidermix 314 epoxy repair mortar to the surface as per datasheet covering the whole area and saw-cut the joint the following day. It is important to rake out and clean the joint below the repair and fill it with a compressible filler to prevent the repair mortar entering the joint. See datasheet for mixing instructions, application and pot life etc.
The joint is to be cut totally through the repair mortar and reamed out to roughen the edges to a width of 10mm.
The sealant DOW CORNING DC 813 or the appropriate specified sealant to be applied on top of a compressible joint filler like dura.®cord. The sealant when applied should be slightly recessed in the joint and not stand proud of the surface.
The depth of the sealant is to be the same as the height ie. 10 x 10mm depth to width dimension, for all other joint dimensions adhere to the joint geometry recommended in the respective sealant datasheets.
The sealant materials require a minimum of a full 24 hour cure before subject to traffic, ideally 3 days cure. See datasheet for mixing instructions, application and pot life etc.
This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot – because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied – accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company.
Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine total requirements. a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals has a wealth of technical and practical experience built up over years in the company’s pursuit of excellence in building and construction technology.